Saturday, August 27, 2011

Back to School





It was back to school on Friday for Rynn and Eleanor.  I didn't get any good pictures...everyone was moving too fast with too much excitement, and the coffee cup in my other hand didn't really help either. I've posted a few out of focus shots for you grandparents :). 
 For the first time ever both girls are in the SAME school at the SAME time.  We can walk there in five minutes waving at friends along the way. 


 As the girls are greeted by name and with hugs from different teachers and friends, I can't help but feel so thankful for our neighborhood, their little school, and that we are no longer new in this community.  Everyone is happy to be back at school!

I began school this week as well. 
I'm taking the last of my never ending nursing school prerequisites.
 (I know...welcome to the 10 year plan)
Chemistry.
ONLINE.
Things have changed since I took chemistry in college.
The lab arrives in a box in the mail.  
A little frightening actually.
Tuning into the online class from my kitchen I listen to the professor while loading my dishwasher and drinking coffee.   Lighting the bunsen burner and playing with chemicals should be interesting.  I'll keep you posted if we have any major fires!

Hopefully next week I will begin my Chicago neighborhood explorations.
I think the first in my "Chicago Hoods" series will be
Wrigleyville: home of Wrigley Field and the Chicago Cubs. 
 Stay tuned.
Go Cubs!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great start to "fall" activities. It is still quite hot here and I am ready for the seasonal change. I do have a substitute job next week....yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your girls are so cute and so fun! I love their energy and zeal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Waving at me!! I thought I heard Eleanor, looked out and it was someone else. Imagine that!

    ReplyDelete