Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Yellow Snow and Butter Cookies




This morning, after making the icing for Jason's favorite Christmas butter cookies, we went outside to play in the fresh snow that fell last night.  People here tell me that by March I'll be ready to poke my eyes out because I am so sick of snow, ice, and cold.  When the rest of the country is enjoying daffodils we will still be tromping around in slush.  But, for now, I am enjoying more snow and blue skies than I've seen in our past three winters.


We are not expert snowmen builders yet.  I guess it takes some practice getting that soft fluffy powder to actually hold together into something resembling three scoops of ice cream.  And having a precocious Weimaraner doesn't make it any easier.


Conversation this morning went something like this:

"Mom, Roscoe's making our snowman yellow." 

"Mom, I think there is poop in the snowman."

"Mom, Roscoe keeps taking my snowman's arms."

"RosCOE, get your own stick.  You're eating Mr. Snowman's hands!"


 "GEEEZ, can't a dog have any fun around here???"

 And finally, after lots of giggles, a few tears, and one poop covered snow boot...
a SNOWMAN.

  Finnigan, Roscoe's next door buddy, came over to give Roscoe some encouragement. It is a rough life being a dog.  Or maybe it is a rough life being a dog owner.  Jury's out on that one.

3 comments:

  1. Fun, fun, fun! Hope the snow keeps on being fun...Jason and Gretchen certainly loved it, but then they lived in Texas and only enjoyed it when we traveled to Colorado!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the part about Roscoe getting the "stick" arms off Mr. Snowman...see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ciza is very jealous of your snow. He dreams of living in the snow someday. All he gets this Christmas in Santa Barbara is a lot of mud!
    Have a wonderful Chicago Christmas. We'll think of you when we are on the beach.

    ReplyDelete