Sunday, May 2, 2010

My Roanoke Visit

Since returning to Portland from my visit to Roanoke, VA last week,  I haven't had a chance to say thank you to all my wonderful aunties, uncles, mama, and cousins for an amazing few days with you.  For all your hugs, your listening ears, and the wonderfully delightful sense of place that I know with y'all, I am THANKFUL.  Thank you for being such a wonderful family and amazing people. I love you!

See that smiling woman standing in this old photo?  That is Tommie Whitman, a.k.a Granmama, who kept us smiling even to her graveside last week.  We couldn't have asked for a more beautiful day.  It was truly a celebration.  Thank you Brenda for all your service and love.  You are an amazing person and we are blessed to know you.  I hummed "You are my sunshine" halfway home.  God bless you, sister.


Below are some of my cousins- Sarah, me, and Leigh hanging at Clay's after the service and gearing up for a mean game of ....

Corn in the HOLE!  
(if you aren't familiar with this imbibing game of corn filled bean bags...call me, I wasn't either.  And yes, the name is a bit shady :), but it is super fun.  Jason's next commission- to build some for us.
*My aunt Clay gets all the credit for these pics. Thank you, Clay!  I didn't have my camera!  

No comments:

Post a Comment