Tuesday, November 24, 2009

random stuff

Meet...muscle man. He's fit. He's buff. And hanging out with this guy will hopefully get me an A in Anatomy & Physiology.
And in other Little news...Rynn is finally better after suffering terrible mouth and throat pain for a week and a half. Below, Eleanor tries to scream the evil demons out of RYnn's mouth.


...Doesn't seem to be working.

But, yesterday Jason took Rynn to the doctor only to find out that her sore throat IS NOT leftover swine flu from Halloween, but a very bad bacterial infection causing her throat, pallet, her tonsils, and her cheeks to be inflamed. Way to go, mom, for not wanting to go to the doctor. Who feels guilty now??? But, we are all thankful to be living in the day of antibiotics when one day of dosage has brought back little Rynn from the land of suffering to the land of our little happy girl (seen below studying the variety of patterns found in a Band-Aid box).


Eleanor is happy to have her sister back.


She kept herself entertained while Rynn was sick by decorating the house for Thanksgiving. The turkey below...all her design and expertise.




Rynn waits at the window for Daddy to come home to take her on a celebration date for a hamburger and milkshake.

...and that's about all the random news in these parts...






2 comments:

  1. Fun to read...thanks for the pictures. I love daily life pictures; makes me feel like I am there enjoying the time with you. Miss Rynn looks mighty thin from not eating these past weeks! I bet that milkshake tasted GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm very glad that everything worked out and your family is healthy again. I am doing a pediatric rotation right now and have managed to go two weeks without getting sick (knock on wood). Children are wonderful, curious, insightful little vectors for disease, so I'll have to be vigilant about hand-washing and such.

    Also, I know know if you and Jason heard, but I'm getting married! I met Erin here at med school, though our families live about 2 miles from each other in Nashville. We were running partners at first, then I got the courage to ask her out. We've been together for a little over a year, though it seems much longer. We definitely cut through a lot of the relationship crap that many young never-married couples go through. It's amazing how well we connect and understand each other. We both have similar backgrounds, both growing up in a Christian family and going through a divorce that was not our fault. Before her ex-husband left, she was blessed with Noah, a 5- yr old who is a wonderful loving child who is curious and energetic. I will be adopting him around the time of our marriage at the end of April. I'm really excited about our relationship and am very grateful to God for her. I hope that you and Jason get to meet her at some point. I think you'll like her :)

    I miss you all and pray for you when I think of you!

    ReplyDelete