Friday, September 25, 2009

Going to the Theater and Rat Guts

Some characters from Artists' Rep 's production of All My Sons

It has been an intellectually stimulating 24 hours. Last night I saw an unbelievable production by the Artists Reperortory Theater of Arthur Miller's play All My Sons. I had never seen the play before, but my friend Laurie got us amazing seats on the second row of an intimate black box theater. The acting was amazing. The story even more so, and the whole energy of the night was completely stimulating. It reminded me why it is so important to support live theater in this age of two dimensional big screen TVs. Seeing live people feel emotions and live out a story in real flesh and blood right in front of me was, well, heartwrenching and disturbing and entertaining and joyful all in a way that film is not. So, go see a good play. I'm still trying to get over my jealousy of the actors that they got to be up there. Maybe some day I'll get to...

But for today, it was blood and rat guts. yep, I started my first class of Anatomy & Physiology today with a three hour lecture and then an afternoon lab. I couldn't believe that we dissected a RAT on the very first day. And the suprising thing was it was kind of fun. I could see the little lady's intestines, spleen, liver, heart, stomach, and more. I almost posted a picture, but it looked kind of gross. I have a lot to study and learn in the next week, but it is fun to be learning things so very different from everything that I am usually drawn to or have studied in the past.

2 comments:

  1. I love disecting animals....it's been a long time. What fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy....glad its you and not me. It fun the hear you are learning more about yourself and interests never considered.

    ReplyDelete