Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Front Porch

Check out Jason's latest completed project...
100 year old house+ rainy winters= rotten, dangerous steps
Jason rebuilt the steps, painted them (added the red backsplash to match red on windows), and repainted the front porch with a beautiful highgloss porch paint that is 'o so slippery and smooth on barefeet.
and my little peanut who looked stinkin' cute today in an outfit she picked out- Oma's dress and her red patent leather Dr. Marten mary janes that I found at a resale shop for $7 (have I mentioned that I LOVE PORTLAND'S SECOND HAND SHOPS?!?!)
Last Saturday I saw a great movie which several folks have recommended to me- julie and julia. I loved it. Not only did it inspire me to blog, but to COOK! Monday morning I pulled down one of my favorite cookbooks Barefoot Contessa by Ina Garten. She visited a restuarant where I worked in Philadelphia promoting her cookbook and making some of the recipes. I bought it almost ten years ago, and it is still one of my favorites. I decided that maybe I'd try to cook all of her recipes over the next few months (not everyday...i'm not that insane). This week we've tried the Lentil Vegetable stew and, in honor of Julie/Julia, the
Boeuf Bourguignon a La Julia Child (rewritten by Ina Garten to be much easier). It has been fun. I was getting sort of sick of cooking and needed a breath of fresh air to motivate getting back into the spirit of family dinners on school nights. Jason is ready to buy the movie after two nights in a row of homecooked meals. We'll see how long this lasts.

1 comment: