Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Moved Again!


 “Weary or bitter or bewildered as we may be, God is faithful. 
He lets us wander so we will know what it means to come home.”
 - Marilynne Robinson, Home

Thursday night I snuggled my children into their new beds.  Tucking the sheets around their rapidly growing little bodies I asked them, "How are you doing with all this change?."

Eleanor replied, "Mom, I'm doing great.  Getting to live in five different houses in my eight years makes moving a piece of cake.  I'd say I'm getting pretty good at it."


Last weekend we moved out of our condo into this delightfully wonderful house.

It  reminds me of Leave it to Beaver.
I think I need to get a cute apron and heels.



The house is only two blocks from
 the Bahai Temple,  Lake Michigan, Evanston Hospital,
 and the last 'L' stop on the North Shore.

Did I mention I was excited???

We have a yard.  A yard, people.  All four of us admit that we didn't realize how much we missed it.  The condo's fourth floor view of the funeral home just wasn't the same as having our very own, surefire
WEEDS.

 We even have a fireplace in the backyard!!!
S'more party in the works.


 The house is old and a bit quirky with creaky floors, metal cabinets,
a wee little kitchen, and my personal favorite-
the laundry chute that goes all the way to the basement.




But this house has what our condo did not- SOUL and PERSONALITY and a KITCHEN WINDOW over my sink.
I'm giddy... did I mention that?


 And for the first time in six years we have a guest room.
So y'all come see us now...

 And in a couple of weeks... 
our little buddy Daisy will be arriving in time for summer.
Check back for photos to come.


3 comments:

  1. so glad to see you all settled into your new house. Enjoy the yard and all that comes with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Posted by Cathy Little (and accidentally deleted..oops!)- Thanks Cathy!
    "Looks like great space....and I am anxious to see a fire in that outdoor fireplace! I am hoping this "new" place with its 50's charm will be HOME for all of you in no time at all! You deserve a place to call "home" after the past three years of rambling about Wilmette. God bless you here! "

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Congratulations, so very happy for all of you. Can't wait to see pics of the pup. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete