Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lost with LOST

Fellow LOST fans, we are in the final season and I must confess I'm less than overwhelmed. Jason would disagree. He says they are on their way to answering all our questions. I'm doubtful. Frankly, I'm a little annoyed with the whole 'temple' thing. Do we really need to watch our beloved characters captive AGAIN??? Come on, already. And who needs the John Lennon dude and yet another scary mystery "others"? Jack is getting a bit more likeable, though, and Sawyer's character is pretty darn great. I want to see more Ben and what about Locke? After all, aren't the complex evil (or is he good?) kind of characters the most fun to watch?
It was five years ago that Jason and I started watching these characters. I had just given birth to Eleanor when from my hospital bed I saw Claire have her baby on the island. I feel like I have to see this show through to the end, but I fear expectations might be too high. We've been to the past and the future with these characters, and this season is taking us into some kind of sideways time. Hmmmmm..... we'll see. Of course, even if the story falls apart, you can always-as I heard one commentator say- put it on mute and watch the beautiful scenery and people. I might start saving up for one of those nonstop flights from Portland to Hawaii. Maybe there I, too, could get that salon perfect windblown hair.

2 comments:

  1. I'm filling up the gas tank and we can drive out I-84 through the Gorge with the windows down.

    Wind blown hair on the cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm holding on to my optimism, but I agree that the John Lennon dude and the Miyagi Bonsai gardener are pretty annoying. I thought the development of Jacob, as "Christ figure" and the smoke monster as a "satan" analogy was pretty intriguing. Hmmm..

    ReplyDelete