Monday, July 13, 2009

Canoeing at Lost Lake

Last Saturday we took a spontaneous trip with our friends Lenny, Farooq, Maxine, and "Uncle Mark" (as Maxine calls him) to a beautiful pristine lake up near Mt. Hood. We shared their canoes and went swimming in the lake. Roscoe came on the adventure too, and he had a blast swimming with the children but did NOT care for the canoe. Live and learn.
Eleanor and Maxine share a snack.

The view of Mt. Hood from the lake.

A fuzzy out of focus picture of my dangly toothed girl (that canoe was wobbly!).


the lake
And the conversation on the way home went like this...

Eleanor- "I think I'm going to be a dentist when I grow up, or maybe I'll be someone that makes books that go in the library."
Rynn- "And I'm going to be a veterinarian AND an author."
Eleanor- "RYNNNN, you can't be two things!"
Caroline- "Yes, you can Eleanor. You can be whatever you want."
Jason- "Sure, Eleanor, you can always change your mind and be lots of things."
Eleanor-"Nuh unhhhh...you can't change your mind once your a grownup and you've signed up for something."




1 comment:

  1. hahahahaha. that's hilarious. what beautiful pictures. :O)

    ReplyDelete