Saturday, December 7, 2013

Bathroom Window


This morning,
 a chilly 7 degree Saturday, 
I lift my bathroom shade to see this.

 After pausing a moment in awe
 I notice the ice forms 
an uncanny reflection 
of the outside world.






I begin to think about a conversation I had last summer 
with a neighbor who is Math professor at a Chicago University. 
 He spoke of how mathematicians are still exploring 
the mysteries of numbers and repeating patterns in nature.  


Within the hour the window design
 evaporates into the cold morning air. 
And it is gone.



4 comments:

  1. So very pretty! Although, that does mean the cold is in the bathroom also and that is not as pretty. The cold is a challenge here, and I imagine there as well. It is supposed to be 51 degrees this coming Thursday....9 degree high today. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so pretty! so intricate. We had tiny feathers of ice all over our car this morning. beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What wonderful pictures you took ... you should print them and hang them somewhere so when summer comes and you are baking in the heat you can be reminded that it gets cold there too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Miss your blogs-- I finally posted. I guess you are very busy studying and working.

    ReplyDelete