Wednesday, June 29, 2011

a Little holiday

It is time, as my friends from the UK say, for a little 'holiday.' 

 Next week marks the one year anniversary of our arrival on Chicago's North Shore. 
 Last week we finished another move..this time just down the street.  Moving from a three bedroom house with a basement to a two bedroom condo is a wee bit tiring.  Imagine cleaning out every drawer, basement, nook & cranny, closet, kids' clutter, etc... in a week, and you'll have a good idea of the exhaustion we feel.  We are significantly lighter, and it feels good. The new place is great- bright, spacious, lots of wall space for Jason's art, fresh, clean, and going to be so much warmer in the winter!

I want to say thank you to you, dear readers, for taking the time to check in and read this blog.  I recognize that it is a bit presumptuous to throw my life story, emotions, and photographs on the internet and expect folks to actually be interested enough to read it.  I thank you.  This blog has served me well over the past year as an outlet for processing life in our new home.  So I think she deserves a little holiday in cyberspace for the month of July.  While the Little family flits and flutters through the mountains of Colorado, this blog will take her own respite in cyberspace.  We'll all return in August with what I hope is a fresh new perspective and a renewed spirit.  

Thank you all and happy summer!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move! We just finished our move last weekend....how exhausting. Enjoy summer and free time from blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy summer to you to! It sounds like you have fun plans (I chatted with your Mom when she was in the 'noke) I hope you all have a blast. Can't wait to catch back up in August. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are SSOOOO excited to see all of you....it has been 7 months except for that lunch with me in March! We are ready for the fun to begin and those daily hugs from all of you!

    ReplyDelete