Sunday, April 3, 2011

Skiing Big Sky!

Last summer, flying from Bozeman, MT to our new home in Illinois, our plane caught on fire (story here).   Almost eight months later my girls and I board a plane back to Bozeman on the very ticket vouchers we received for our traveling trials that long July day.  Sometimes surprise blessings come out of a bad day. 

March was an unbelievable month.  

 I have seen my mom, my dad, and my brother all within the last three weeks.  This is a pretty amazing feat considering the four of us represent FOUR different time zones and two different continents.  In March I've celebrated ten years of marriage on the shores of the Caribbean and watched my children ski at 8,000 ft in Big Sky, MT.  I have much for which to be thankful!

Thank you, Dad, for an amazing time on the mountain. 
We love you and we love Montana!!!


First time on skis!


Both girls spend the morning in ski school learning the basics and riding the "magic carpet."
Rynn ends up getting a private lesson because she is the only beginner in her age group.  Everyone has a blast.  After lunch Rynn is ready to go back for more while Eleanor is more interested in hugging the ski school moose.






Dad and I off to hit the slopes.








Day Two
Kids are tired, Dad is feeling sick, and Ham & Chompoo decide to just chill.
I take Dad's truck up the canyon for a day of solo skiing at Big Sky.

I ski for five hours straight with a smile on my face the entire time.  
There is something so unbelievably calming and relaxing about flying down the side of a snowy mountain with all thoughts gone except for the wind in your face and the skis on the snow.
It is awesome.  





Our flight home today is much less dramatic than the last time we left Bozeman. We arrive home happy to see Jason and ready to return to the mountains as a family!  

See all the pictures of our Montana trip HERE

5 comments:

  1. Looks awesome. I'm glad to see you girls have no helmets on! I was feeling guilty because a few people were chiding me for not having Ciza wear a helmet his first time out snowboarding last week! His head is still throbbing from his little accident and concussion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you noticed the lack of helmets...that was my mom's first comment too! So many more people wear helmets now than when I learned to ski. Next time I think we'll all don the helmets...as I'm sure Ciza will too! I hope he is feeling better. Snowboarding looks so difficult to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks amazingly fun! I've only done crosscountry skiing once and really liked it, but never did it again. I LOVE MONTANA! My aunt lives in Bozeman. Maybe she and your dad are neighbors. :o) It's such a great town!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like incredible weather for spring skiing and fun for all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how this brings back memories of our trip together many years ago in CO with you, your Mom and Dad, and the Hambone. Tears and fun on the black runs. Remember my bota bag?

    ReplyDelete