Saturday, August 22, 2009

thinking about Oma...

I've been thinking about Oma today. Thinking about her, and Opa too, lots of days since they passed away. The girls asked if she could come back from heaven for a visit, that they'd like to talk to her. Eleanor said, "Mommy, I used to think that people were kids first, then teenagers, then they died and became grownups...but I don't think I think that anymore."

I've been thinking about how much the absence of a person ministers to us, how her life and her love of others and God taught/teaches me so much. I keep feeling like I can call her up and hear her say, "How ya doin' Honey?." Even though I only knew Oma the eight + years I've been married to Jason, Oma is someone that should just be there. Not in my every day life, but she should just be there. And she is there in my mind now more than ever. When I start to worry about our life, my children, our church, the future, anything really, I think about Oma and Opa and then I think- One day I won't be here. One day these worries will have come and gone. One day I'll be with Jesus and understand. These things that seem like such a big deal today won't tomorrow. This life is short. It is a gift.
"When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers, the moon and stars, which you have set in place, what is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him?
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands; you have put all things under his feet..."- Psalm 8:3-6

No comments:

Post a Comment