Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Day at the Coast

We live 90 miles from the Pacific Ocean. Why I don't drop everything to go wiggle my toes in it more often, I do not know. But Tuesday, the girls and I left 95 degree heat in Portland to spend the day at the cool, breezy 75 degree Oregon coast. ahhh...blue skies, tide pools, our kite, and some sand toys...and a camera with dead batteries after these two quickly snapped photos.
Along the way we stopped at the Tillamook Cheese Factory. It was a bit touristy, but with, ohh...40+ flavors of ice cream to choose from I swallowed my tourist pride. My cone- Marionberry Pie. yum. The girls- bubble gum. super yuck. They would disagree.








After some cow posing we were able to view the packaging factory complete with white coated ladies slicing, packaging, and monitoring cheese as it moved like a train down the conveyor belt.



*Factory photo courtesy of the internet*





No comments:

Post a Comment