Saturday, March 28, 2009

Our Rhode Island Red, why she can lay an egg.

"You see, I was sitting here, resting my legs
And I happened to pick up a couple of eggs
And I sort of got thinking- it's sort of a shame
That scrambled eggs always taste the same.
And that's because ever since goodness knows when
They've always been made from the eggs of a hen.
Just a plain common hen! What a silly thing to use
With all of the other fine eggs you could choose!
The places I hiked to! The roads that I rambled
To find the best eggs that have ever been scrambled!
I hunted new birds along wild tangled trails,
Through gullies and gulches, down dingles and dales.
If you want to get eggs you can't buy at a store,
You have to do things never thought of before."
- Dr. Seuss SCRAMBLED EGGS SUPER!

All I can say about this egg is Yum, yum, yum.
Some updates on things here and afar. Dad is doing better and got fit for some walking boots which will make his life a bit easier (although more painful), and he doesn't have to spend all his time in the wheelchair. Great news for him. Jake is still gone, and we still miss him terribly each at different times. Eleanor still says Jake is part of her family, and we have to always count him.

No comments:

Post a Comment