Monday, February 23, 2009

Free Stuff


It seems that the economy is on every one's mind- budget cuts, layoffs, housing slump, stimulus package, blah, blah, blah. So, I got to thinking about free stuff. When you get to thinking about it, there really is a lot of free stuff floating about life. Here are a few of my favorite things:
1. The thimble size cup of coffee at Trader Joes.
2. My yoga classes- I have a steal of a deal where I clean the studio once/week in exchange for unlimited free yoga at a really great yoga studio. It leaves me sweaty, happy, and relaxed...and I can do a headstand now!
3. Library books, CDs, movies- when I remember to return them by their due date.
4. Cuddles from my children.
5. My doggie's waggy tail.
6. My recent discovery of http://www.pandora.com/ if you haven't visited this site, get off my blog and do it RIGHT NOW. It is totally free radio that you design for your tastes. Plug in an artist you like and automatically they create a play list of artists you might like. If you don't like one, let 'em know, and your station is adjusted. Right now I'm listening to Gillian Welch, Allison Krauss, Patti Griffin, and my new favorite- the Wailin' Jennys.
7. Walks on my sidewalk.
8. the sunrise over mt. hood on a clear day.
9. a run by the river
10. Grocery store samples

What is your favorite free stuff???

No comments:

Post a Comment