Thursday, September 4, 2008

Eleanor's First Day of Preschool...and MORE!

After a year of anticipation Eleanor began her own school experience today at Rose City Cooperative Preschool (what does that mean?...I will work in the classroom 1 morning/month). She was all skips and excitement this morning as the whole family sent her off for her big day. The highlight of the day for her? "Snack," she said, "we got to have Pirate Booty AND animal crackers." A girl after my own heart.


A posed smile and adoring look from big sister.


Making herself at home!

More fun was had at the Little house last night as we got to have my cousin Leigh and her boyfriend Johnny stay with us on their way back to Berkeley, CA. What fun to see family who is also living on the West Coast!

Johnny, who is affectionately known around the family as the "glaciologist" (sp?), examines the scientific properties of Flubber(a distant relative of playdough) as it cascades off the table. Johnny and Leigh brought some brain power to the house as they both are pursuing PhDs at Berkeley- Johnny in the study of glacier movement and Leigh in the study of insurance policy and the environment (did I get that right guys?).

A bit out of focus because of the light, but quite a cute picture of Leigh and Johnny reading a bedtime story to the girls. A great time for all!






2 comments:

  1. Caroline, I think your blog could be a paid advertisement for Portland. You have definately sold me on it.
    The way you described Eleanor reminds me so much of Ellie, she just marches forward and never looks back (our job is to give them wings right?). Boy does time fly!
    You all seem to be really enjoying yourselves in Portland and that is so wonderful to see. Keep it up! I hope to talk to you soon. Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Caroline, I love your blog too. You are a great writer - you sketch big things in a just a few words and really get the sense of the occasion across.

    Okay, I confess some of my appreciation is for 'normal' American life (whatever that is) and I love the way you think about time and place. :)

    So I'm a fan. Just sayin'. :)

    ReplyDelete