Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Some Summer Pictures

Bozeman, MT
Once again summer seems to be traveling at breakneck speed.  With a move, a new puppy, and some travels thrown in for extra spice, I feel like I can barely grasp the days before they are gone again.  Here are a few pictures from the last month...


We drove to Colorado and a had a full but relaxing vacation.
Jason and I got to squeeze in some backpacking 
in the Maroon Bells Wilderness near Aspen.
High Alpine Meadow right after seeing a herd of elk!

Waterfalls

Wildflowers


And lots of Wilderness and solitude.
Trail Chef

And one last night sleeping in a barn!
(Very cute B&B in Glenwood Springs, CO.
Check it out HERE)




Our children suffered greatly while their parents left them for five nights.
Pops with Rynn, Molly, & Jack
Ft. Collins, CO
They got to hang not only with their grandparents 
but cousins and Aunt Gretchen too
 (who is behind the camera in all these shots! Thanks Gretchen!).

Ft. Collins Foxes Game
I even snuck away to Montana for a few days to visit my Dad
who had an unfortunate mishap falling from a ladder :-/.
He's healing up and taking it easy.
Sunset from my Dad's backdoor
Bozeman, MT

And to round out all this coming and going...
we all (kids, dogs, grandparents, aunties)
 got to sleep in a YURT for the first time! 
It was a little experiment to see if staying in a yurt
 made camping with kids easier than staying in tents. 
 Jury's out on that one...
Our Yurt



The newest little member of our family came with us
 and won the award for best puppy traveler ever.
Sixteen hour car drive to/from Colorado, and she just chilled-
which is more than I can say for myself!










Now we are back in Wilmette
enjoying being in one place for a while. 
Beach, lake, pool, backyard, repeat.
Feeling overwhelmingly thankful for the many blessings in our lives!
Fun in the Sun
Wilmette, IL


And for you bloggers out there...I'm a little behind both in blogging and keeping up with things.  All I know is that Google Reader is no longer on my home screen, and I'm feeling the loss.  If you have a good suggestion on what to do to replace it, would you leave a comment?

3 comments:

  1. Sweet pup! Adorable girls, as usual. I'm using Bloglovin for reading....and not loving. Walker switched to Feedly I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah! You are the second person to mention Feedly... Feeling a bit out of it that I'm just now figuring this out! Hope you guys are well and having a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Caitlin! Yep...we love columbine. This year it was unbelievable- huge meadows full of it and more white than we have ever seen. Jason thinks they look like ballet dancers. Elegant color in the rough mountains...

    ReplyDelete