Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Two Blogs

I tend to be a bit behind in all things pop culture, in getting the joke, or hearing about books, movies, and music.  So with that caveat I recommend two blogs I've recently discovered and thought you might enjoy too.

For Food:
 101cookbooks
This is a well known blog many of you already enjoy. The brussel sprout recipe from yesterday made my mouth water.  If someone can make my mouth water over brussel sprouts, I think they've got some skill. After all, it is January.  We all need a bit of cleansing veggies, eh?

For you Bookish ones:
Take a peek at This Guy. Jason forwarded this blog to me yesterday, and I really enjoyed his post on short story recommendations.  If you are interested in books, culture, theology, etc.. you might find it fun.  I'm anxiously awaiting his favorite novel list of 2011.

I hope your new year is off to a great start.  I'm a fan of January.  Except for Christmas trees on the curbs (which make me sort of sad),  January is refreshing in its lack of expectation.  January gives the gift of time for my inner introvert to get a little air, enjoy a good book, a warm cup of tea, and maybe a nap.

1 comment:

  1. 101 cookbooks is a good one. I always forget about her, so I just added her to my reader list. Thanks for the reminder.

    A chef who works with my dad made baked b.s. with balsamic that were to.die.for.

    ReplyDelete