Monday, November 21, 2011

Parking

It's the holidays. 
We all need a little extra cash.
 Chicago is trying to make up its own budget deficits.
How?

But I think Evanston and Wilmette 
have turned parking sign delirium 
into an art form.
See if you can figure out from these photos why,
to park on the North Shore,
you need
a calendar,
 a Northwestern football schedule, 
a ruler, 
a tape measure,
 a holiday schedule, 
 a clock,
and maybe a PhD in logic too.



Sometimes I wonder why the cities 
don't save themselves a little cash on printing
 and just say...

1 comment:

  1. You have hit on one of my pet peeves! I didn't think anyone could top DC, but Chicago comes close. Arlington even has signs to warn you to pay attention to the next sign coming up in 5 feet. I even have to watch my head while walking on the sidewalk because the signs are so big and low. I have been meaning to video my side street because it is so humorous. You gotta laugh or you will go nuts.

    ReplyDelete