Thursday, September 15, 2011

Chicago Botanic Garden- a field trip

Today I join Rynn on her field trip to the 
We spend most of our time
 on this chilly September morning 
studying the native Illinois prairie.



There is not much prairie left in Chicagoland anymore.
Most of it has been eaten up by the endless sprawl 
that stretches from Wisconsin to Indiana.


 But just North of Chicago 
the Botanic Garden
 has preserved the native prairie grasses and flowers.





I love field trips. 
 I love spying on the kids in Rynn's class, getting some mid-day cuddles, and getting to go on an adventure.  It reminds me of the days when the girls were little, and we spent hours exploring the Chattanooga Nature Center looking for frogs, bugs, and flowers.


But they are big now,
 and some days I sort of miss them.
But the great thing is
 they are growing, loving life, and loving going to school.  

and I'm enjoying my little moments of peace :).





1 comment:

  1. Looks like a grand day....love the pink flower on the succulent. Do you know what it is? The lily pad pic is also wonderful! Field trips are great when you are not in charge....

    ReplyDelete