Saturday, March 5, 2011

Yee Haw, Party On.


























The snow drenched wind blows sideways this morning, tossing  a pair of balloons into the bare branches of a neighboring tree.  But the late winter cold doesn't keep away seven six year olds from celebrating Eleanor's birthday with pizza, brownies, stickers, markers, and noise.  For our merry band of Kindergartners the fun is simple, amazingly calm, and lots of fun.  Little snow boot clad feet tromp out the front door with balloons in hand by noon. All in all, everything is delightfully laid back. 

It is hard to believe my girls are now ages I remember being.  Watching Rynn skip off to a slumber party tonight with ELEVEN other 2nd Grade girls (I know, pray for that mom- crazy), my own memories of hating those things come flooding back.  I remember spending one third grade night so desperate for sleep that I hid in a bathtub while I became the object of much merriment (and mockery) by the other late night revelers.   Coolness, it has always somehow eluded me!


1 comment:

  1. Enjoyed my fun time at the birthday party! Sweet six! Have a grand time with Nana!

    ReplyDelete