Saturday, March 20, 2010

Doggie Daycare- Portland Style


 Almost three years ago, right after we moved to Portland, I almost swerved off the road when a girl in Raggedy Ann tights and a top hat rode by my car on her bike.  It is funny how things that seem abnormal become the new normal in our lives until they are no longer noticed.  Just yesterday I stood balancing on one leg in a yoga class with my hands above my head when I realized I was the only person in my row of eight mats who did not have a tattoo on my arm, neck, chest, or back.  THE ONLY PERSON.  Does that make me countercultural?


Spring break began today.  In hopes of getting away to the coast for a night we decided to explore some options for Roscoe while we are gone.  After talking to our vet and doing some research I was directed to Dogs Dig It, a 'doggie daycare' and 'hotel' in Southeast Portland that came with much praise. While waiting in the reception area for Roscoe to have his 'introductory appointment,' my eyes wandered around taking in some of the items offered for sale.  I guess I had another "girl in a top hat and Raggedy Ann tights" moment.  Below are a few of the items that were for sale.




So, we left Roscoe to bark his head off for two hours, like a toddler in the church nursery crying for mama, while we went downtown to enjoy the opening Saturday of Portland's downtown Farmer's Market. Below is a picture Jason captured with his phone above his head.  It was a bit packed, but then again, Portlanders are passionate about their market (and it was sunny and 68 degrees). 

 Rynn was a bit weary of the crowds in a forced attempt for a cute picture.  Who cares if you get to taste organic local Lavender Marionberry Jam when what you are really ready for is LUNCH?

1 comment:

  1. Rynn's expression is PRICELESS! Hope the place for Roscoe was more than wonderful!

    ReplyDelete