Saturday, May 16, 2009

Goodbye Opa




It is with great sadness that we say goodbye to Fred Little, aka 'Opa,' who passed away yesterday morning in his own kitchen after pouring his morning cup of juice. Less than five months since his wife of sixty years, 'Oma,' died of cancer Opa is now free from the pain of this world as he joins Oma in the presence of Jesus. It was just a few weeks ago Opa sent the girls a poem and some stickers in the mail. Tenderly, he was carrying on Oma's tradition of little surprises. It seems strange and not quite real that both of them are gone. Ever since I first met them, when Jason and I had only begun dating, I have been inspired by their love for one another, for their community, and for their family. And there is one less Little man with the signature calves walking this planet, and that is a loss for all of us.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am so sorry to hear about both Oma and Opa!! At least they are together again, sharing their love for one another and watching down over all those they left here on earth. I send my heartfelt condolences, lots of love and big hugs to you all.

    ReplyDelete